Tuesday 12 December 2017

Curtseying

n. pl. curt·sies or curt·seys
A gesture of respect or reverence made chiefly by women by bending the knees with one foot forward and lowering the body.
 
Whenever i present anything to Miss such as Her morning tea then i curtsy.  A gesture of servitude and an acknowledgement of Her superiority over me.  Being very flexible (thanks to the yoga element of my workout programme), i can curtsey very low for Her.  A lovely submissive gesture, delicate, dainty, graceful.  On delivery it's one hand at the hem of my dress/skirt pulling it out to flare and the other hand with wrist cocked 90 degrees outwards at waist height.  Having given Miss whatever it is She has ordered then both hands at the dress/skirt hem, bend and flare.
 
As i am more often than not wearing stockings and suspenders, my curtsies are accompanied by that wonderful whisper of brushing nylons and the tightening and relaxing of my suspender straps.  i try to have as many opportunities to curtsy Miss as possible.
 
Miss and i laughed yesterday evening at how different curtseying was for me in my wiggle skirt.  Not much skirt hem to hold and certainly not much to flare out but certainly no excuse not to perform one! x
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, maybe i should take up yoga! :) i'll have to look up a wiggle skirt, hmmm :) ~sara

    ReplyDelete